Monday, September 24, 2007

The sun also exists in Germany!!!!







One of the only things (or should I say many things?!) we don't have control over in life is the weather. You can plan the perfect trip, booking all the best hotels and restaurants, making sure you see and do all that the country you are visiting has to offer, but the only thing you cannot plan is what the weather will be like once your dream vacation starts.
The weather in Europe this summer has been less than perfect. I, of course, cannot complain about it too much, as I had a beautiful summer in Montreal, but let me tell you that I did not expect it to be as bad as it has been over the last few weeks. I had packed some of my favorite dresses, thinking I would put them to good use here in Berlin, but I have been yearning for some of the fall clothes I did not bring with me, thinking I had time for my mom to send them to me via post!But life has a way of surprising you and for the past week or so, the weather here has been beautiful! Sunny and warm every day, perfect dress weather!
On Sunday, a few friends and I went to the beach- well, not the real beach, next to the ocean, but close enough. This "beach" is a man-made lac. It was formerly some kind of mine, and once it was not needed anymore, the big hole left behind was filled with water, and presto! a beach was created. The water was too cold to swim in, but I enjoyed walking in it until my knees nonetheless! The sand felt wonderful between my toes- no need for a pedicure when you have a "beach" not far from home!

No comments: