Monday, December 10, 2007

Praha

I don't know about you guys, but my week-end was very exciting! The parentals and I decided to live it up, and so we went to Prague this week-end! That's right, we took advantage of the fact that the Czech Republic's capital is at a reasonable distance from Berlin and went there for a three day trip. We arrived in Praha just in time for lunch, which we had in a lovely Czech pub-like establishment. The walking started shortly afterwards, and continued for the next two days! Needless to say, I will need a vacation once my parents leave, as I am completely exhausted!

Prague should be on everyone's list of cities-to-visit-before-I-die. It is an extremely beautiful city, and it is no wonder that many people argue that it is even nicer than Paris (in my opinion, the two cities are completely different from each other and should not be compared to one another, but rather both visited, many times each if possible!). We were very lucky with the weather- except for a short, but intense rain fall on Friday, we had blue skies and sun the rest of the time.

Although we only had two full days there, we still managed to see all that Prague is known for: the Charles Bridge, the St. Vitus Cathedral, the old town square, with its Town Hall Tower and Astronomical Clock, the Jerusalem Synagogue, the Prague Castle and the many Christmas markets that can be found on every public place!

Views of Prague
Charles Bridge, and the many tourists visiting the Czech capital
St. Vitus Cathedral- very impressive!
A sampling of some of Prague's many beautiful buildings
A church!

***I wanted to include four more pictures to this entry, but the Blogger site seems to be undergoing some technical difficulties, and I am not able to upload the last pictures, so I will try to post them tomorrow***
My parents are already leaving on Wednesday morning. Time sure passes quickly when you are having fun! I think that they have enjoyed their time here and have liked the touring program that I set up for them!

No comments: