Thursday, March 13, 2008

To ring in spring!

To take full advantage of the beautiful weather we had on Monday (sunny and 15 degrees), my roommate Anja and I decided to go for a walk. We live 5 minutes away from Tiergarten, Berlin's version of Central Park. We leisurely strolled along the park, sitting down on a bench that was drowned in sun, sticking our faces in the direction of the heat source, to jump start the transformation from white-as-a-sheet to golden brown! But our walk had a goal- a very delicious and so very German goal: we were going for ice cream!!! Germans LOVE their ice cream. I see someone eating an ice cream cone almost everyday, regardless of whether it is cold or warm outside. So when Anja told me she knew a good place for Italian ice cream (Gelato), I said yes right away. We were not the only ones with that idea, but thankfully the ice cream tubs were nice and full, and there was plenty to go around!




When in Germany, do as the Germans do!

No comments: