Thursday, January 10, 2008

Canada's national winter sport- in Germany!

While I was in Lübbenau, I met my friend Anja, and the both of us, plus her lovely dog Roxy, went skating! It was my first time skating this year, and after a bit of hesitation, my skating skills came back (I am no figure skating expert or super hockey player, but I am Canadian, so skating is in my blood, eh!). Skating is a bit like ridding a bicycle- you never forget how to do it, it just takes you a little while to get back into the motions!
We skated over a frozen field, which was lovely. The ice was much smoother than I had expected, which is always a good thing.
We had brought a ball so that Roxy could play with it, but he was not interested in our ball. What he really wanted to do is catch the hockey puck of the other skaters!
Good times were had by all!







2 comments:

Valsis said...

Amazing ! Il fait assez froid pour patiner !!! When in Germany, do as the Germans do.
Love Love Love
xxxxxx

mvb said...

How very picturesque Pearl, however, my favourite was the spotted dog with his dayglo ball.

m