Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Impressions of Lübbenau




















I thought I would post a few pictures of Lübbenau, as it is, as most of you will have figured out from the long breaks between my postings, the place where I am spending most of my time now that my contract at the Judith-Kerr Grundschule has come to an end. Lübbenau is divided into two parts: the old and the new city. Like anywhere else, it is the old city that is worth a look, as it has more charm and character than the new city. The old city is made of a few main streets lined with quaint boutiques and small restaurants and cafes; of a small harbor, where one can hire a kahn and go for a leisurely ride around the Spreewald; of an old castle and its grounds that now serve as a hotel and park; of old houses and small apartment blocks found in small alleys; of a brewery, that brews Babben Bier; and of friendly inhabitants. I enjoy spending my time there and if you ever find yourself nearby, you should come and have a look!

No comments: