Monday, July 14, 2008

Sächsische Schweiz











Two week-ends ago, Ronny and I went to the Sächsische Schweiz (try saying that 10 times in a row!!!) for a bit of hiking. It is a beautiful mountainous region in Saxony and one that I had to see before I leave Germany. The river Elbe flows at the bottom of the mountains and makes the whole place very idyllic. The hiking we did was more of a going up-and-down-steps rather than true hiking, but it was nonetheless very nice. I have to admit though that by the time we reached the 500 step going up, I was getting pretty tired, and we still had at least 200 to go! The steps have been carved in the mountain itself, and it makes for a beautiful, albeit draining, hike. It is definitely a region to see if you find yourself in Germany.

1 comment:

Valsis said...

Absolutely breathtaking !!! Wow, I really feel this national park. It looks so fresh and lush. Also, very different from other german vistas you've shown me.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx